When buying ringette equipment, the two most important considerations are: firstly, you must be adequately protected, and secondly, the fitting should allow freedom of movement to perform the required skills. With these 2 points sorted, you’ll be comfortable and able to enjoy the game.
For a relatively reasonable cost, a complete set of ringette equipment can be purchased. Mandatory items include things such as:
- Helmet – This must be approved by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). At the time of purchase, ensure it fits properly, and remember the chinstrap must be fastened at all times
- Face Mask – Must be CSA approved.
- Elbow Pads – Make sure they don’t slide. When fastened, there should be no gap between the pad and either the cuff of the glove or the biceps extension of the shoulder. If you want a short-styled glove, select a longer elbow pad.
- Gloves – Must fit properly with good hand and finger mobility.
- Ringette Pants – With girdle, or hockey pants with tape/straps to hold the socks up.
- Shin Guards
- Pelvic Protection
- Chest Protector/Shoulder Pads
- Neck Guard – Regular, or with a collar.
- Mouth Guard
- Practice Jersey
- Stick – The important thing about this piece of ringette equipment is that it should not be too long. The stick end should be at, or slightly above, the sternum when the skates are on
At PROlocker, we can help with innovative locker room designs for both amateur athletes and professional teams. Keep your ringette equipment and other sports gear off the floor – with ample room and open shelves, PROlocker is superior to any other drying rack on the market. It’s perfect for training facilities, field houses, arenas and schools!